3.22.2012

To my lipstick: A love letter.

As I perused my usual list of favourite blogs, I came across THIS little post from the Man Repeller herself. This got me to thinking about my ultimate go-tos for my 'blah' days.

Lipstick - "Lady Danger" by MAC 
Aside from the tub of triple chocolate ice cream in my freezer, my one, true joy in life is my lipstick. Lipstick is one of those things that add colour to your face when day three of a stomach flu has left you looking corpse-y, and it draws the eye away from your severely swollen cheeks when you've just had your wisdom teeth yanked-out of your jaws. So I wear it when I'm happy. I wear it when I'm sad. And when I've put on five pounds, my lipstick is one of the few things that I don't feel fat wearing. Oh, and watching my boyfriend desperately try to smear it off of his face is endlessly entertaining (Sorry, I'm not sorry).

I might start crying in a minute from all this sentiment, so I'm just gonna leave this right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment