5.19.2015

BLAZER

Photos by: Tianna Edwards

I am always on the lookout for a great bargain, and you're anything like me, bargains come in many forms, including that of used (or pre-loved) clothing. In my teens, Kensington Market was the place to get unique, vintage pieces that I could wear on rare "civies days" at my high school. We wore uniforms, so during the (maybe) 10 days a year we could wear our own clothes, putting together a memorable outfit was key. There was also nothing better than the hunt, and finding something that you loved and fit you perfectly.

It's doubtful that my love of vintage will ever go away, but I've found that in my twenties, I've been doing less shopping at vintage stores. However, I recently spotted this little jacket on the Kind Exchange's instagram account. Obviously I had to have it—beautiful tailoring, embroidery, and it was black! I called to put it on hold, brought some of my old clothes to trade, and ended up paying about $9 for it! When you score, you score.
Blazer - BCBG, via The Kind Exchange | Shirt and jeans - ForeverXXI | Necklace - H&M | Shoes - Jeffrey Campbell | Lipstick - "Dashing" by Marc Jacobs


No comments:

Post a Comment