3.09.2012

Blog roll: The man repeller

I'm sure almost everyone knows who the man repeller is. I'm also pretty sure everyone's seen her blog at least once.



What's a "man repeller" anyway? If the sleepwear-esque blouse worn outdoors, and bulky (velcro) designer sneakers with cocktail dress weren't indication enough - the term has been so humourously defined as: "outfitting oneself in a sartorially offensive way that will result in repelling members of the opposite sex. Such garments include but are not limited to harem pants, boyfriend jeans, overalls (see: human repelling), shoulder pads, full length jumpsuits, jewelry that resembles violent weaponry and clogs."


I can't remember when/how exactly I stumbled upon this gem of a blog, but I am so glad I did - especially because I am the proud owner of many - if not all - of the aforementioned garments that repel the opposite sex. Excluding of course, overalls, as I've tried to limit my repeller factor to men as opposed to the general population.

I could go on and on about all the reasons why I am a devout creeper of her blog (she's funny, a fantastic writer, her 'arm parties' are to die for, she mixes patterns, etc.). However, I think that you'll soon come to realize all of the reasons why you should be checking out the man repeller on the daily once you, well, check her out! So do it! Now!

Was that bossy? I'm sorry, you guys. I just get really excited. Let's try that again, shall we? Go check out her blog, please. I promise you'll love it.

*Shout out to my favourite guy for being attracted to (I think) and understanding my aesthetic. Takes a real man to not be repelled by harem pants. You're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment