3.14.2011

99 problems.

Alright. I've got a bit of a dilemma.

I recently acquired a hand-me-down CANON dslr from my lovely aunt. That part of my story certainly isn't problematic - but don't you worry, I'm getting to that. The "problem" with receiving this awesome gift is that now, my poor, wonderful, old baby Bart (my CANON G11) has now been resting on my bookshelf - unused - for a few months now. It's not as though I'm never going to use him ever again, but the truth remains that I just haven't been using him, and it's kind of a bummer that such a great camera isn't out there in the world capturing all sorts of shit, as it should. For that reason, the idea of finding him a new home has been creeping up on me as of late. In short: Should I, or shouldn't I sell Bart?

*sidenote: I have a thing about naming inanimate objects. I also have a thing about naming inanimate objects, pets, random food items, etc. Bert. The G11 is just named Bart because I thought I'd change things up a bit.
Taken from: Google images.
*Second sidenote: I realize referring to inanimate objects, such as cameras, as "he" or "she" is weird. I'll stop doing that now.


This is a serious decision, because if I sell it, I'm most definitely not going to go out and buy a new point-and-shoot any time soon. Also, as lame and materialistic as this is going to sound, my camera's just got a butt-load of sentimental value. I mean, the thing's been with me EVERYWHERE:












So that's it. That's my "big problem." And honestly, as I was typing up this blog post, I decided that there's no way I could sell my camera right now (However, I'm still posting this because I spent such a long time choosing photos to post). A few weeks or months from now, I may feel differently. Who knows?  

No comments:

Post a Comment